Tree Trimming and Removal Salt Lake
Licensed and Insured
What to expect from your professional tree trimming service
Tree trimming and tree removal in the Salt Lake City area are two of the major specialties at Tim's Tree Care.
We want our customers to understand the "Why" just as much as the "What." In addition to providing fast, clean and professional tree trimming services for our customers, we also take the time to educate our clients about the ins and outs of tree care.
Please scroll down to find answers to some of the common questions that you may have about tree trimming. The information on this page will give you a clear idea of what you should expect from a professional tree trimming service, and how Tim's Tree Care is ready to deliver that quality to you.
Need a Free Tree Trimming Quote or Consultation with an experienced, licensed and insured local Salt Lake City area arborist? Please click the button below.
What Are the Different Types of Tree Trimming and Pruning?
Most tree trimming and pruning work falls under one or more of the following trimming types. Read descriptions of each type for information about their benefits and applications.
Arbor Trimming - "Arbor trimming" is the industry term for general tree trimming, and it is usually performed to prevent hazards, remove laden limbs, and improve the health of the tree. If you have a tree of any type on your property, it is most likely eligible for regular arbor trimming.
Fruit Tree Pruning- Fruit trees need trimming for the same reasons as any other tree, but fruit tree pruning is a process that takes in extra consideration for the specific needs of fruit trees and what they require to produce the most healthy fruit possible.
First of all, fruit tree pruning prevents the trees from growing too high. An apple tree, for example, can grow well over 25 feet high without pruning, causing a waste of valuable fruit that plummets to the ground, from the top of the tree, and inconvenience when it comes time to harvest. Stunting a fruit tree's vertical growth will also allow it to apply more of its growing energy into producing its fruit, making those harvests more plentiful.
Correct pruning will further assist fruit growth when it is performed by an experienced arborist, as the arborist will carefully prune just the right branches to expose fruiting areas of the tree to more sunlight.
Deadwooding - This simply means to remove any dead or dying matter from the tree, including parts of the tree that may be infected by fungus, bacteria, or pests. Removing these areas will expose the healthy parts of the tree to more sunlight and can prevent infections from spreading further.
Can Any Tree Be Trimmed Safely?
Yes, any tree of any size or height can be trimmed safely, even if the tree is in close proximity to the house or other property.
The type of tree and its height certainly come into play for choosing the safest trimming method. At Tim's, we employ a variety of trimming approaches that make it possible for us to safely trim any tree, including methods that temporarily suspend large limbs in the air after cutting, preventing them from falling and causing a potential hazard.
How Often Is Tree Trimming Necessary?
Trees fall into three major categories when it comes to their trimming schedules:
Fast Growth Trees - Trim every 2 to 3 years
Medium Growth Trees - Trim every 4 to 5 years
Slow Growth Trees - Trim every 5 to 8 years
These trimming schedule ranges refer only to the health and maintenance needs that trees may have.
What You Can Expect from Tim's Tree Care
Our goal is to give our customers and potential customers clear expectations of what they can expect from Tim's Tree Care and then to deliver on those expectations. Here are just some of the service standards that we hold ourselves to on every job.
1. Clean Work - Tree care and landscape beauty go hand-in-hand, and work site cleanliness is one of our top priorities. The only evidence that we leave behind on tree trimming jobs are beautiful, healthy trees and a job well done.
2. Healthy Cuts - As experienced tree doctors and arborists, we know exactly how to make each cut to a tree to ensure that the cut causes minimal stress, allowing the health of the tree to reach its full potential.
3. Customer Education - We will answer every question that you may have about maintaining your trees and strive to leave our clients with all the information they will need to keep their trees strong and healthy between trimming cycles.
4. Competitive Rates - Affordable tree care should be available to everyone; at least, that's how we see it. We take pride in offering a high quality service at prices much lower than most of our competitors.
5. Listening to Customers - We never try to talk our customers into services that they neither want nor need, and we believe that this practice contributes greatly to the excellent reputation of our company.
6. Personalized Care - Every job, client, and tree is different, and we recognize this fact by offering completely custom recommendations, education, and procedures personalized to each unique situation.
7. Beauty That Lasts - Doing our part to make neighborhoods in the Salt Lake City area beautiful is at the heart of our company's mission, and you can count on the beauty that we bring to your property to last long after our work is done.